Reynolds Family Shepherd's Pie
A true family comfort food.
- 9 X 13 Baking Dish
- 2 LBS Ground Beef
- 1 Large Bag Frozen Corn
- 8 cups Mashed Potato's You can use homemade, instant, or pre-made
- 1 Stick Butter (salted)
- 1 8 oz jar of Better Than Bouillon Roasted Beef Base We use reduced sodium as the regular can make it too salts
- 1 Yellow Onion (optional) We typically do not add onion
- 2 cups Shredded Cheese (mild cheddar) (optional)
- Brown ground beef. If using onion dice the onion and add it in with the beef while browning.
- Add a light coat of Flour to the ground beef (you are making a gravy). I would say I typically add about 1/4 of a cup of Flour to coat all the beef. Stir
- Spoon in about 3/4 of the (8oz) jar of Better than Bouillon Roasted Beef Base (about 6 oz)
- Add about 1/2 cup of water and stir. Simmer until a nice gravy forms. There is no need to salt as the Beef Base has plenty. You might need to add water or additional flour. You do not want it too soupy. Just a nice gravy.
- Pre-Heat oven to 350
- In a large pot with boiling water add 1 bag of frozen corn. Cook until tender.
- Drain water from corn and then add 1 stick of button. Salt and pepper corn and mix until butter is melted. Salt/Pepper to taste
- Prepare Mashed Potato's
- Assembly- Add ground beef to 9x13 baking dish. For the next layer add buttered corn (you might need to drain a little of the butter out). Finally using a rubber scraper add the mashed potato's and spread evenly. Optional- Top with cheese
- Baked in the oven at 350 for approximately 20-25 minutes.