Suzie's Potatoes Au Gratin
- ⅓ Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1.5 lbs Potatoes. Peeled & Cut into 1/4 inch slices About 7 or 8 Potatoes for 3 layers
- ½ Cup Grated Gruyere Cheese
- ½ Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- ⅛ tsp Paprika
- Preheat Oven 350 degrees
- Butter 1 ½ quart baking dish using only a portion of 1/3 cup of butter
- Arrange on the baking dish one layer of potatoes then cover with layer of mixed cheeses. Repeat until there are 3 layers of potatoes ensuring each layer is covered with mixture of the 3 cheeses.
- In a small bowl, whisk the cream, salt, pepper. Pour over potatoes. Dot remaining butter over top of potatoes. Sprinkle with paprika (optional)
- Bake 1-1½ hours until potatoes are tender & golden brown on top. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Note From Suzie- I usually double this recipe for family get togethers but a double recipe makes a lot!