Mexican Street Tacos
Authentic carne asada mexican street tacos. Top with cilantro, red onion.
- 2 TBSP Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 TBSP Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice Fresh Works Best!
- 2 TBSP Canola Oil, Divided
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1.5 lbs Skirt Steak Cust Into 1/2-Inch Pieces Can Use Flank Steak As Well
- 12 Mini Flour Or Corn Tortillas, Warmed
- ¾ Cup Diced Red Onion
- ½ Cup Chopped Fresh Cilantro Leaves
- 1 Lime, Cut Into Wedges
- 1 Package of Fresco Mexican Crumbling Cheese (Shredded or Grated)
- In a medium bowl, combine soy sauce, lime juice, 1 tablespoon canola oil, garlic, chili powder, cumin and oregano.
- In a gallon size Ziploc bag or large bowl, combine soy sauce mixture and steak; marinate for at least 1 hour up to 4 hours, turning the bag occasionally.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon canola oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add steak and marinade, and cook, stirring often, until steak has browned and marinade has reduced, about 5-6 minutes, or until desired doneness.
- Serve steak in tortillas, topped with onion, cheese, cilantro and lime.