Nonnie's Potato Ham Soup
A creamy rich soup that is sure to warm you up.
- 3 Stalks Celery, Chopped
- 1 Medium Onion, Chopped
- 1 Carrot, Shredded
- ¼ Cup Butter
- 8 Medium Potatoes, Peeled & Diced About 9 Cups
- 4 Cups Water
- ¾ tsp Celery Salt
- ½ tsp Ground Black Pepper
- ⅙ tsp Garlic Salt
- 2 Cups Half-And-Half Or Light Cream
- 1 Package (8 oz) Cream Cheese, Cubed
- 1 Can (10¾ oz) Cream Of Celery Soup (Campbell's)
- 8 oz Diced Ham
- In a 4-quart Dutch oven melt butter and cook celery, onion, and carrot over medium heat for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add potatoes, water, celery salt, pepper, and garlic salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook over medium heat for approximately 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add half-and-half, cream cheese, celery soup, and ham. Simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes more or until potatoes are tender.