Instant Pot Parmesan Risotto
A no fail way to make a great Risotto side.
- Instant Pot
- 4 Cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth Can substitute vegetable broth for vegetarian.
- 2 TBSP Stick Butter
- 1 Medium Yellow or Sweet Onion, Finely Chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 TBSP Fresh Thyme Leaves
- 2 Cups Arborio Rice
- ¼ Cup Dry White Wine
- 1 Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan
- Kosher Salt To Taste
- Pepper To Taste
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat broth.
- Set Instant Pot to Sauté function and melt butter. Add onion and cook until soft, 5 minutes, then add garlic and thyme and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Add rice and stir until toasted, 2 minutes.
- Deglaze pot with wine. Cook until most of wine is absorbed, then turn Sauté function off.
- Add warm broth and place lid on Instant Pot. Set to Manual, High and set time for 5 minutes.
- Turn valve to to quick release. Remove lid and stir in Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper.