Grandnonnie's Sausage Soufflé
A great breakfast for holidays and special occasions. Served by my Grandmother (Grandnonnie) & Mother (Suzie) every Christmas morning.
- 8 Slices Bread (remove crust and cut into cubes)
- ¾ tsp Dry Mustard
- 1 lb. Cooked Sausage (crumbled)
- 4 Eggs
- 2 ¾ cups Milk (divided)
- 2 cups Grated Cheese (we use chedder)
- 1 can Cream Of Mushroom Soup
- This recipe must be made the night before you plan on cooking. Use a 9x13 baking dish.
- 1st Layer= Add Bread (cubes)
- 2nd Layer= Add 2 cups Cheese
- 3rd Layer = Add Sausage (cooked Crumbled)
- 4th Layer = Mix Egg, 2¼ cups of milk, and mustard and pour over all layers.
- Refrigerate Overnight
- After refridgerated overnight and before baking. Mix 1 can of cream of mushroom soup, ½ cup of milk- Pour over
- Bake 275 degrees for 1 1/2 hours. Let cool and cut into squares.