Debbie's Sweet & Sour Meatloaf
A wonderful spin on meatloaf with a sweet and tangy sauce.
- 1 ½ lbs Ground Beef
- 1 Cup Dry Bread Crumbs Plain
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Minced Onion
- ½ can 15oz Tomato Sauce Other half of can will be used for topping
- ½ cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Prepared Mustard
- 2 TBSP Brown Sugar
- 2 TBSP White Vinegar
- ½ can 15oz Tomato Sauce
- Mix together the beef, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper & eggs. Add onion and 1/2 can of the 15oz can of tomato sauce. Mix together well. Place mixture into loaf pan.
- Bake in oven at 350 for 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven pour prepared sauce (instructions below) over meatloaf and return to the oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. You may reserve some of the sauce for dipping or to pour over cut meatloaf.
- Once the meatloaf has been put the oven you can prepare the sauce topping. In saucepan, combine 1/2 can of the 15oz can of tomato sauce, sugar, prepared mustard, brown sugar and vinegar. Bring to boil.