Papaw's Tenderloin Sandwiches
A tradition growing up in Indiana on Christmas Eve
- 1 1 lb. Pork Tenerloin
- 2 Packages of Ritz Crackers (about 1/2 box)
- 5 Eggs (beaten)
- Vegetable/Peanut Oil For Frying
- Hamburger Buns
- Prepare the tenderloin by cutting away all fat/silver.
- Cut the tenderloin crosswise into ½-inch slices using a sharp knife. Place the slices of pork on a cutting board and cover with a sheet of plastic wrap or wax paper. The plastic wrap keeps the pounder or mallet from sticking to the meat.
- Using a meat pounder. Pound each slice until thin.
- Beat eggs into a large bowl
- Crush 2 packages of Ritz Crackers and place onto paper plate
- In a large skillet add a thin layer of vegetable oil. You don't want it to completely cover the tenderloins as you fry them.
- Heat the oil on medium heat. You do not want your oil too hot.
- Dredge the pounded tenderloin into the beaten egg and then coat with the crushed ritz crackers.
- Add to hot skillet. Salt/pepper to taste.
- Fry on each side until golden brown. Serve on a hamburger bun.